Let's start shall we?
- Get the COVID-19 vaccine
- Cut out sugar again (alcohol is excepted from this ban. We all have our vices)
- Return to running training - be able to run a full 5K without stopping and without sounding like I've accidentally swallowed a dog's chew toy afterwards
- Return to martial arts training - get a heavy bag and an outdoor stand
- Return to martial arts teaching
- Start laying the groundwork to opening a martial arts school - specifically a women’s only branch of my current martial arts school
- Reestablish a connection with my doctor
- Get an agent (laughs in I'VE BEEN TRYING FOR YEARS)
- Complete the first draft of The Lioness of Shara Mountain
- Complete the first draft of GTFO
- Sort out, document and return to submission hell for Soldier and The Outworlder
- Optional - restart my YouTube channel. What will it be about? I have no fucking clue, that's why this one is optional
- Optional - create a Patreon for my writing. How am I to do that and what could I possibly offer? I have no fucking clue, that's why this one is optional
- Learn watercolour
- Create one complete art piece per month. I failed in 2020, but I’m going to give it a proper try this time.
- Create YouTube videos of the art creation for the Dark Arts channel.
- Get an iPad stylus to do more digital art
- Do more digital art
- Learn oil pastel, because I got some black and white ones for Christmas, and I think a series of black and white pieces would be kinda cool
- Create the ‘soldier’ dice bag and put it up on the website
- Create the ‘exile’ dice bag and put it up on the website
- Decide on the pricing for the custom book jacket and put it up on the website
- Make a messenger bag
- Resume my French lessons on Duolingo
- Resume my guitar lessons
- Save enough to get a new Mac because mine is bricking
- Save enough for that adventure vacation I desperately want to do, departure date 2022
- Contribute at least $100 per month to my various savings for a minimum of $1 200 in the year
- Buy a decent blogging camera
- Get a computer desk that fits my space so I can finally use my drafting table
Once again, these are not resolutions. They’re goals. They’re things I would love to achieve this year. Some, like getting an agent, will likely not happen, if other years are any judge by. But it’s the trying that matters. I won’t get anywhere if I don’t try.
Honestly, if I just manage to try for most of these, I’ll consider that a win.
Wish me luck!