No. It's not a publishing contract.
But it's a good step towards one. The publisher let me in on a secret about the position the manuscript is in with the acquisitions team. It currently has two yes votes, and is waiting on one more.
So if it gets that yes vote, then Skylark will be published, probably next year?
If not, then I'll publish it myself. Either way, it'll get published.
And that's my news. That's all I've got.
Do you have news you want to share? Leave it in the comments!