So, I have been tagged in a virtual biscuit exchange... Yes, I used the word biscuit just to be difficult.... hosted by the wonderful Linda Poitevin. I was tagged by the equally wonderful Marie Bilodeau. You should go check out their stuff. It's really good.
Anyway, the premise of this blog hop is to share a Christmas biscuit/cookie recipe and then to tag four other writers, who will share theirs and tag four more writers and so on. Since I am trying to reduce my sugar intake, and have been sleeping a tonne better since cutting gluten, I have decided to share with you a unique shortbread recipe.
Here it is!
Sonia's Super Easy Gluten-Free Honey Shortbread
Stuff What Needs Preparing (Ingredients):
- 2 cups/500mL organic butter, softened.
- 10.2 tblsp/158mL organic raw honey
- 2 cups/500ml organic buckwheat flour
- 1 1/3 cups/300ml organic rice flour
- 1/2 cup/125mL organic cornstarch (optional)
Stuff What Needs Doing (Directions):
- Preheat the oven to 300F/149C.
- Cream butter and honey until very light in texture (using a mixer on medium or medium-high speed will save you a lot of time). If you want super duper shortbread, whip the mixture to give it a lot of volume and lightness.
- Combine flours and cornstarch in a separate bowl. Add butter to flour and combine (a mixer on low speed will help).
- Make balls of the dough and place on prepared baking sheets (or a well buttered and floured tray). Press down with a fork. They should be spaced roughly 2in/5cm apart.
- Bake in preheated oven for 20 - 25 minutes or until the bottoms are golden brown.
- Place on a wire rack to cool.
Not really. I don't actually bake. I stole this recipe from an online shortbread recipe, and changed up a few things (with research, like how much honey would replace the sugar necessary in the recipe...). So yeah, if any of you are brave enough to try this recipe, let me know how it turns out.
Perhaps I'll make a vlog where I try this recipe for myself Grace Helbig style....
In any case, the four lovely authors I have tagged for this blog hop are: