That said, while I have the strength to dream about the future as of this minute, I am going to try and set myself some goals for this year that I’m keen to hit. I’ll also add a dream or two that currently look impossible from where I am at present, but I hope to achieve relatively soon (not this year, likely, but soon).
So, here are some actionable goals, according to aspect of my life and insterests.
- Complete all three rounds of editing for The Lioness of Shara Mountain and upload it to the web novel portal.
- Complete the first drafts for all three books of the Avalon series and prepare the first book for submission to the wonderful folks at Renaissance Press. If I manage to get all three books done in their first drafts, then I’ll be able to have each book published every year; meaning readers won’t have to wait too long for the next book, and there’ll be three years when I have at least something published.
- Compete Super Secret Special Project and have it ready to gift to the person I’m writing it for at Christmas.
- Monthly Coffee & Creativity live streams.
- Fill a 300 page sketchbook by the end of the year (sketchbook is pre-ordered and shipping sometime this month, so it’s going to have to be roughly a page a day, which will be quite the challenge).
- Create a book cover for The Lioness of Shara Mountain.
- Diversify my income.
- Increase earnings from my creative endeavours... somehow.
- Continue to contribute to my retirement savings.
- Return to martial arts training; and go consistently.
- Strength and flexibility training Monday & Wednesday evenings.
- Return to language learning - French and Welsh to start. Speaking of, anyone want to become language pen pals?
- Return to reading.
- Return to blogging.
- Reestablish Nights at the Round Table.
Impossible Dream for the Near Future
- Acquire my own 2+ bedroom space (being both able to afford the rent and to furnish it, and also actually move into that space).
Impossible Dream for the Slightly More Distant Future
- Earn enough from all my various creative endeavours to permit me to work on them full time; no more 8-5 for someone else.
What about you? Are you setting goals this year, or are you just concentrating on making it out of 2022 alive? Because, honestly, I’ll be pretty okay if that’s all I manage. If 2022 is anything like 2021 was, it will be quite the achievement.
Let me know in the comments.