As with last year, I don't have resolutions this time. I have goals. They're things to work towards; a to-do list for the year, not some hodge-podge of vague wishes and dreams. They are actionable things that I can do to improve my life. This year, I'm using what I've learnt from my failures last year to populate this list. So, here we are, my goals for 2019:
Writing Goals (Again, the most important)
- Complete Outcast rough draft.
- Send Outcast to Beta Readers.
- Put Soldier out on the submissions circuit.
- Review Beta Reader 3's comments on Outworlder (Avalon, Book 1) and make edits accordingly.
- Get a better title for Outworlder.
- Put Outworlder out on the submissions circuit.
- Complete Avalon, Book 2 (doesn't actually have a title yet) rough draft.
- Send Avalon, Book 2 to Beta Readers.
- Acquire an agent.
- Continue the current work-out schedule: Mon, Wed. Fri weight-training, Tue, Thu, Sat skipping.
- Get to 3 x 10 minute intervals of skipping per skipping session.
- Continue martial arts training and teaching.
- Run a 5K obstacle course again.
- Run a proper 5K race.
- Learn a new skill - either learn guitar or oil paining. I haven't decided which, but I'm leaning heavily towards learning the guitar.
- Decide which new skill I want to start learning.
- Move onto level 2 in my Welsh language learning, FFS, you've been at this for years, Sonia.
- Learn to drive.
- Get a learner's permit so I can learn to drive.
- Get that tattoo, dammit!
- Maybe do that Bob Ross paint-along thing for YouTube.
What are the big things you would like to do in 2019? I'm not talking about resolutions like 'lose weight' or anything like thing. I mean goals - actionable, attainable goals. Leave them in the comments below, so I can wave my pompoms and cheer for you!
Well, I'll be back at work tomorrow, and the pre-written and scheduled blog posts will have ceased. I wonder if I'll have anything to blog about. We'll find out!
Until then, ciao!