At the suggestion of the incomparable Cait Gordon, the first draft cover was simply the painting of Commander Skye that I had done, with a great title.
It's alright. It'll do in a pinch. It's not great. It's not what I want (the font of the title, however, is bloody spot on).
The problem is, though, that I have no idea what I actually want to cover to be. It was so damned clear with Daughters of Britain. That's not the case here. I just don't know. It's resulted in a fairly sleepless night as I tried to come up with ideas. I went to the gym this morning, and was slower than normal, because I was trying so hard to come up with ideas.
I've got nothing. I do have a few suggestions, some sketches from my friend PY, who read the manuscript and helped me gain faith in it again, but nothing even remotely approaching what I consider to be a solid design idea for my book cover.
I had intended to start writing once I was all caught up on my editing of highlight videos from my weekly live streams.
There goes that idea.
Instead, I'll be playing around with ideas for book covers and seeing if I can't strike on something that appeals to both myself and my publisher. I really hope it's not a long, hard process. It was so damned easy with the last one.
And now I'm pissed off, because this feels like it's going to be a struggle.
But on that note, I have a highlight reel to edit together.